Thursday, 7 August 2014

Weight Watchers 'Feel good blogger challenge'

I was asked if I'd like to take part in the Weight Watchers 'Feel good blogger challenge' I chose to blog about the 'Girls night in' category. I was sent a selection of tasty treats, nibbles and tipples to review, so here are my thoughts on what Weight Watchers had to offer. Novelty pj's and Netflix at the ready...
weight watchers
I always love the idea of losing weight and making healthier lifestyle choices but still being able to eat and enjoy what you love, who doesn't? These double chocolate chip cookies were a winner for me, I love that they were individually wrapped in packs of two, meaning I could even eat them out and about as a light snack. I'm guilty of boredom eating, once a packet of biscuits is open I will usually eat a awful lot of them, so the fact these come in packets of two has actually stopped that!

I also loved the lemon cake slices, again each cake slice was individually wrapped, I love the idea of still being able to eat cake, a healthier option without skimping on taste, they were so light and fluffy. If zesty lemon isn't to your taste, there's also carrot cake and bake well tart slices to choose from...
collage weight watchers two
I also did a short YouTube video, linked below. I really enjoyed this challenge, it's really made me think that I can still have all my treats, just slightly healthier versions of them instead. I usually end up caving and throwing in the towel due to my horrendous cravings for these treats, I had no idea so many different options were available. What do you think? My mum was a huge fan of the Weight Watchers wine, and I'll definitely be purchasing the lemon cake slices! 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

34 lovely comments:

  1. I used to buy the weight watchers carrot cake slices just because I loved the taste of them! Lovely video Becky xx

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like yummy cookies! I love all cookies! haha :-) x

    http://www.sweetcandydreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these snacks look fab. The hot chocolate and biscuits are worth a look for me. I loveeee your bedroom decor too! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to try those cookies they look delicious!!

    Kayleigh xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    Ps I love your blog, it's one of my favourites :) so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lemon cake slices are my favourite - I keep some in my drawer at work!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your blog design is to die for, I love your header and little icon buttons! Weight watcher stuff is good, can be very high in sugar though. Lots of tasty crisp flavours as well. And the slimming world "twice cooked chip" method is soooo good also. :-)

    xo
    www.simplysara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weight Watchers wine and choccy biscuits - that sounds like my kinda diet!!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love weight watchers food. My mum's always trying to lose weight but I nick all of her weight watchers bits before she gets her hands on them. x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weight Watchers is a brilliant way of dieting, I lost a stone on it and still enjoyed the experience :) As someone who enjoys wine in the evenings, WW wine was a godsend!

    Jenna || Jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cookies look delicious and your video is beautiful! I think I'll need to buy the WW rosé!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound cool and would definitely be great for my boredom eating too and after dance class which makes me hungry and I end up eating some crisps. Such a lovely post sweetie!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not done WW but i do slimming world i love that I can still have my cake and eat it.
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of diet wine!
    xoxo
    The Accidental Mama
    http://theaccidentalmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm terrible for boredom eating too Becky - especially when I'm watching films!
    Might have to try some of these, they do look good :)

    Good post x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos! It seems like a really good and healthier way of having a girls night in! Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blgospot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this post! Have been trying to lose weight and find genuinely tasty substitutes. Love Weight Watches food, will definitely be trying the cookies out now too. and the wine of course! great post x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've tried their lemon slices and they taste so good, it's hard to believe that they're much lower in calories than normal lemon slices. I didn't realise they did bakewell slices too, I'll have to see if I can find them.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmm, wouldn't necessarily consider these "healthier" options maybe lower calorie versions of the originals. It worries me when companies brand this type of packaged "food" as healthy since it it mostly made up of chemicals and bad things that are not good for overall health and weight loss. It's not all about calories, check the ingredients and other nutritional information to judge for yourself.

    Many healthier versions of cookies and cakes can be made fresh from scratch and taste even better that the originals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Who knew you got weight watchers wine lol
    L x
    Http://workingmumy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Weight Watchers tastes so much better these days than it used to and they have so much more variety now! I love the fact you can have your cake, eat it too and not feel guilty about it!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm guilty of eating an awful lot of the packet of biscuits once they're opened too, those cookies do sound amazing!

    Are you a current or new student and want to get to know other bloggers and receive a lovely box of goodies in the process? Check out my post for more details on how to join the Student Box Swap :)! http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sound delicious I can't have cookies in the house though...:-( I tend to eat them all up too quickly.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
  23. the cookies look delicious! they will be good with tea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My mum used to go weight watcher meetings when I was younger and I always remember that they used to have some amazing sweets that I would get my mum to buy me and I would take with school lunches. I have to say I think it's something I may look into! If you can get a healthier version of food you already eat then why not? I know some of the products are a little more expensive but it would be worth it if you're trying to ditch the weight!
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I didn't realise there were so many options with WW let alone wine! Sweets are my weakness so I'll definitely look out for these next time I go shopping because I always feel so guilty!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. These all look yummy!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love all of the weight watchers cakes/biscuits range and buy them without thinking of the health benefits!

    Lucy

    www.lucyslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Would love it if you would take the time and please please check out my new blog. http://lavieest-belle-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really hope you chose to watch Gosling. I have written a short story about how you did, and then Tom came round and asked you to marry him. And Oscar ate all of the biscuits! it was so funny x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I never even knew Weight Watchers did wine, that seems like something I should definitely start buying! Great post x

    Nnedi // iamncxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. First time coming across your blog and I absolutely love it already! Great post x

    http://t0pnotchbeauty.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow weight watchers do a wine? I'll have to try that!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

I will try and reply to all comments asap, if you want to ask me a question feel free to message me on twitter @milkbubbletea