Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Much needed 'me-time'

pamper night milkbubbletea blog

Once a week, I try to take an evening or an afternoon for some much needed 'me-time' I switch my phone off, run myself a bubble bath and r e l a x. Being a blogger, for me anyways means I'm always doing something on my phone, tweeting, scrolling through instagram...etc. It's nice to just switch that off, even for an hour or so.
victorias secret pamper milk bubble tea blog
After my bubble bath, I usually make myself a nice big mug of hot chocolate, then maybe paint my nails or watch something on Netflix. It's crazy how often I miss parts of programmes or movies because my phones goes off and before I know it I'm suddenly playing flappy bird or catching up on blogs. I've even noticed sometimes I'm too busy instagram-ing a picture of my food instead of just eating and enjoying it. I'm trying to stop these bad habits.
essie pamper milk bubble tea blog
This is also a good time to have a little mini pamper session. I'm forever smudging my nails or despising body butters because I'm all sticky because i'm too impatient to wait for them to sink in. So with my hair in a scruffy topknot, out comes the face masks. It's pretty well known that right after applying the face mask and resembling a gremlin, someone will decide to instantly knock at the door and get a fright, It's always the way... 
victorias secret milk bubble tea
How do you like to relax? I love lighting scented candles and reading a chapter of a book or treating myself to a magazine and a giant bar of dairy milk on the way home. Of course Oscar snuggles are always a bonus too.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

83 lovely comments:

  1. sounds and looks like the perfect way to wind down - a bath, a glass of wine and a good book always does it for me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I do this too! I make sure it's always a Thursday evening - otherwise I just don't make time for it. That nail polish looks gorgeous too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post- infact, today is one of those "i'm doing absolutely nothing" days, I'm in bed with a soppy film on, a bar of chocolate, my phone switched off and then i'll be running a nice bubble bath this evening and pulling out a book to read. Can not beat a bit of "me time"!

    http://www.porcelainbeautyx.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Becky, what a sweet revelation-post, it is always interesting to know how girls spend time just for themselves. It is getting quite funny with all these cyber activities like instagram in particular :) I read on one blog the girl was telling about people coming to take their front row seats for the fashion show, the first many of them did was taking photo of their front row seat number of the ticket they got and instagramming it straightaway :) Have a nice week darling, Zhanna, www.stylehenge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rarely get the time to switch off now that I'm a mother. But on the odd occasion my toddler daughter spends time with her grandparents a bath is definitely the way forwards. Even reading a magazine now is a rare treat!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been trying to decide which one of the Lush face masks to try! A relaxing evening is in order today I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh this post is too pretty :) I always make sure I take time out to read a book during my day, it's nice to switch off from technology xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice idea...and such pretty photos as always!...I really need to do the same as I often find myself getting too engrossed with social networks, asmost all evening! Definitely going to start trying to make more time for me. Danielle x

    frontiere-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colour of that nail polish looks lovely. I really agree with how nice to just switch of from all technology. Sometimes I put my phone on flight mode when I want to just spend time doing things I want to do. I'm guilty of spending too much time on Istagram! Fab post as always. x

    whatsonyourtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh what a lovely evening! x

    whatwizardryisthis.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds perfect!

    www.thetouristoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sound like a lovely time and great products!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds lovely. :) I too need to learn to relax and unplug every now and again. I think we get too caught up with our phones and trying to remain so connected.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find painting my nails so relaxing! Gorgeous pictures by the way, I could sit an dread your blog all day :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really enjoyed reading this post! Given me some good ways to adjust my pamper evenings :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like heaven - definitely need to invest in one of those trays for my bed! What a little lifesaver! T xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am always way too busy to do something properly like this! When I get home from work, I usually have the gym, then tea, and before I know it, it's soon time to get ready for bed! There aren't enough hours in the day! :)

    Love the look of that face and back mask though, might have to give that a go!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect :) Me time is the best thing in the world, and something we all need x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pampering is essential :)
    Have an amazing day!
    http://sheseeksvictoria.worpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love some me time:) that essie nail polish is so cute

    xx Milly

    www.lovemilly.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a gorgeous post :) I love unwinding with candles, a bubble bath and wine! No phone, no magazine, no nothing. Bliss :)

    Eve xxx
    Sugar Spun Sisters - A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a lovely post, nothing better than a bit of me time.

    Katie | Hang up the Glamour

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this. Also, great photos!

    http://shedcreativity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooo this looks wonderful. And I've heard so much about dairy milk bars...what are they exactly? Chocolate? If so, sounds perfect!

    xx
    www.thestyleduckling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm definitely on the same page, it's so so hard to switch off.

    Georgina at itotallypaused.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely post:) Your phone case is gorgeous too! Catherine xx
    http://peachesand-cream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. you have the perfect 'me time' routine
    I love a good bath and then chilling out with a film and a nice brew.
    Can never stay away from my phone though but I'm gonna try as it should be about relaxing like you said, the phone can totally distract you :)
    love your photos too Becky :) always so pretty

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
  28. That afternoon sounds perfect...to relax, I like to make myself some hot chocolate and snuggle up in bed with a pile of magazines or watch some old films or chick flicks. Sometimes with a face mask on while I'm at it! I agree, I have a bad habit of letting technology get in the way of what I'm supposed to be doing, whether it's social media or taking a photo rather than enjoying what I'm taking a photo of etcetera.

    Your photography is so pretty and elegant. You must write a post telling us how you do it someday!

    Xx
    Emma
    A Winter's Walk

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love little blog posts like this, always dead cute and I find them intresting! Been looking for a heart shaped bowl since like forever, can I ask where you got yours from please?

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a lovely post ,the pictures you take are so nice! X

    http://the-essence-of-fire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm the same when watching movies! I get a notification and then before I know I've missed half of the plot! Love your little heart shaped bowl, and that Victoria's Secret spray is to.die.for! fab post! amelissab.blogspot.com Amy, X

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a good idea - a bit of me time is definitely needed every so often! x

    amuchprettierpuzzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Victoria's Secret scents are so amazing, you should definitely check out their 'Sensual Jasmine' lotion and spray, it is to die for! Great post xx

    Olivia | Thoughts, fashion and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your photos are so lovely! Sounds like perfect 'me time' :) x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ah these pictures just made me smile! Everything looks perfect! I'm planning to have a 'me night' tonight!
    www.georgiesloves.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your photography, and it looks like you had a lovely evening! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    

P.S. I don't want this to be spammy but I am also hosting a £50 Giveaway at the moment if you wanted to enter here

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love these photos! My "me time" is about the same, really. So very relaxing to just disconnect from the world for a little while. <3

    delightedblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely post :) Really need to start doing something like this myself - especially with the stresses of GCSE's!

    Stylish England

    ReplyDelete
  39. You are so right! Everyone needs a little 'me time' once in a while ♥
    I have the exact same facial mask, I love it *-*
    Take care x
    Serena from http://serenbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. That Essie shade is stunning, and that popcorn looks beyond scrummy! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  41. AHh I love me-time! For me that consists of curling up on my couch with a good book and reading until I don't want to anymore. Utter bliss!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  42. This post reminds me of how much I need to relax. I am always on my computer or phone and sometimes it's a good idea to unplug. I haven't taken a bath in years, but it sounds so relaxing right now.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I don't know what I'd do without pamper nights, especially very much deserved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I've been trying to do this more often lately than ever, even just for half an hour a night, taking time away from technology and just spending some quality time with myself! Lush face masks have been a god send for this! I always try to read a little whilst the mask dries, so relaxing!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely post, everyone needs some me time. What Essie shade is that? Its super pretty! <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  46. I've definitely been realising the need for some me time lately. I used to try and keep busy all the time but when I already work six days a week, I have definitely been needing my evening away from the world!

    Nicola // pink-confetti.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  47. Me-time is the best. Sometimes life gets so busy that it's nice to just sit down and have a little pamper session and just be by yourself.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  48. Couldn't agree more! Love a bit of me time. Usually on a Sunday night when I put on a face mask and chill in the bath with a good book.

    Melissa | MELISSA LOVES THIS

    ReplyDelete
  49. I did the same this evening! Pamper sessions are a must for me every now and again. Bath bombs and face masks make all the difference.

    Colourful Stuff | Beauty, Fashion, Life ♥

    ReplyDelete
  50. All of my favourite things xx

    http://lifeandcity.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. This sounds like a lovely way to relax - I should do this at least one night a week! Sounds perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  52. Sounds like a lovely evening :)
    I mentioned your blog in my latest 2013 year review post as blog I most I have a crush on, major photography skills envy!

    www.accordingtoellie.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  53. A bubble bath really does the job! I like to listen to relaxing music, have a face- and hair mask on, lit candles, and do absolutely nothing until the water goes nearly cold. :) x http://almeidas.se

    ReplyDelete
  54. That nail polish is a gorgeous colour. Very jealous of you heart shaped bowl too H x

    www.hopesgone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. This post makes me happy :) I started following your blog earlier this year and I'm glad I did.. so many beautiful pictures & lovely things! I'll make sure I slot in a wee relax day this week too ;) xx

    The Likely Lady

    ReplyDelete
  56. Such a great idea. Really need to do this myself. Needs to be one of my goals for next month!
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  57. I noticed my attention span is shorter sinc eI have my iPhone hahaha! I also like to put a mask and light a candle.

    ReplyDelete
  58. This sounds like a great idea. It's nice to take some time off to relax.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  59. This sounds wonderful and very much what I enjoy doing, too. If the weather is nice, I also like taking my dog for an extra long walk somewhere beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  60. i asked someone to design my blog banner on the things i like to relax too. bubble baths, glass of wine, books and pretty things :D www.emmavictoriastokes.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. This looks so relaxing! I love the Victoria Secret sprays :)
    Beautiful new layout btw xx

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  62. Oooh my gosh, beautiful new layout! Sooo calming :) Your photos are so beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  63. love the new layout! beautiful :)
    such a pretty blog!

    Mollie xoxo
    molliebylett.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love the layout, that cutie pie in your header is just perfect! Great post too, nothing beats a bit of me time! Popcorn and a manicure is an essential for me too, yours sounds like a heavenly evening!
    Carrie xx

    carriebrighton

    ReplyDelete
  65. Adorable new layout! And this sounds just like my 'me time' & having the time to just let your nails dry with out rushing :') xx

    ReplyDelete
  66. I relax by reading and eating a bar of yummy chocolate. http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  67. This sounds so relaxing. I haven't taken a bubble bath in SO long, I might have to pick up some bath treats soon :)

    Danielle
    Smitten with Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  68. Yes! It can be very hard to switch off when you're a blogger, or any kind of freelancer/ work from home type person, especially if social media is involved in any way. These relaxing me-moments are mandatory.

    I love the photos in this post. And Love Spell is one of my favourite scents. Getting myself a bottle next time in in the vicinity of VS. <3

    ReplyDelete
  69. Totally agree! Too often we get bogged down on constantly checking our facebooks, instagrams and blogs etc.. I love to wind down by having a nice long soak in the bathtub like you, and also listening to Eckhart Tolle's audiobook. He speaks some wise words about life in general on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful photos and it's sod law when you're just relaxing with a pretty horrific looking face mask and someone has to come and knock the door! X

    ReplyDelete
  71. This sounds lovely! I always love reading about people's relaxation routines. It tends to remind me to do the same for myself. And your new blog design is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I always forget to have some 'me' time even if its just once a week, I'm too busy thinking of things to do etc. but when those moments do happen lighting some candles, getting into bed and reading!

    And I adore your new blog design.

    Hannah
    x
    daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Absolutely adore the new layout. And oscar snuggles seem like the best relaxation time! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  74. Sounds perfect to me! I'm hoping to have more moments like this in my life, and I totally agree about being unable to switch off - but I guess if that's what you love (all the blogging, tweeting and instagramming) you're still enjoying the food etc...just in a different way! Man...I need to get Netflix too...

    Love your blog, it's so pretty (and inspiring!)

    Jo xxx

    www.shewearsburgundy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  75. Me-time is neccessary.. I love taking a bath (with a way too expensive Lush bath bomb), just spoil yourself every once in a while x

    www.womanouk.com

    ReplyDelete
  76. Completely agree with you. A bit of you time (or me time depending what way your saying it) is always essential. I think we tend to forget about ourselves when we are working and getting tangled in our busy lives!

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
  77. This is so true just a bit of me/you time is necessary and absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Everyone needs a little relaxation time! love the colour of that nail varnish, great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  79. I think I definitely need to start doing this! Great post.
    Love Ells xx
    marshmallowscoop.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  80. what Essie colour is that? It's so adorable!
    Love Eilidh xx | http://letsgetwonderfullylost.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I will try and reply to all comments asap, if you want to ask me a question feel free to message me on twitter @milkbubbletea